Monday, February 2, 2015

Risky business

Really, when you get right down to it, I don't know very much about football.

So take this for what it's worth (nothing).

But I just don't get why everybody is jumping on the bandwagon to label the Seahawks's last play call "risky" or "stupid".

As I recall, Jerry Rice scored, what, 40 touchdowns on slant passes from inside the 10 yard line?

And Rice probably made 5 times that many first downs on that play, and perhaps 10 times that many total "quick slant" receptions in his career.

That was a perfectly fine play call, even a good one.

Malcolm Butler just did something completely unexpected and amazing.

Which is why, even though I didn't really care about the game, nor who won, and barely even watched a game of football all year, I still really enjoyed almost all of yesterday's game.

Go Patriots, go Seahawks. Well played, and good entertainment, start to finish.

No comments:

Post a Comment