Tuesday, June 5, 2012

72 hours until Euro 2012 begins!

And if you have no idea what I'm talking about, go visit Zonal Marking's wonderful site and start digging through their great set of preview articles:

It's no fun if you don't make a prediction, so I'll make a prediction and predict that this year's victory will go to the Russian team.

I'm still trying to figure out exactly when the matches are being played, and which ones will be televised here in the states, and so forth.

Are you planning to watch any matches? Have any favorites to recommend? Let me know!

2 comments:

  1. The games are at 8:45am and 11:30am Pacific Time. They'll all be telecast by ESPN, and should be viewable online at ESPN3.com.

    I'll be rooting for Sweden. They're in the same group as England and France, so it won't be easy to get out of their group.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The trend since 1984 has been favorite-favorite-who. So, since Greece won in 2004 (say what?) and Spain won in 2008, this year a favorite will win. Out of Germany, Holland, and Spain, I'll pick Holland. They haven't won since the Rijkaard, Gullit, van Basten crew did it, so they are certainly due. Of course this means Croatia will probably win, but there's my take.

    ReplyDelete