Monday, April 26, 2010

Google Summer of Code 2010

The Google Summer of Code project has announced the list of projects that have been accepted for the summer of 2010.

I'm pleased that the Derby project at Apache was awarded three projects:


We had a number of very good proposals this year. Overall, Google reported that they received nearly 6,000 proposals, and awarded 1,025 of them. As you can see, it is a very competitive program and it is not easy to qualify among so many excellent students.

Congratulations to the students who were accepted!

This is my third year being involved with the Google Summer of Code program, and my second year as a mentor with an accepted project. Last year's project was a very rewarding experience; I hope that I have another good experience this summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment